The Information Systems Department is an internal service department that supports over 300 computer users Village-wide, with a focus on technology planning and maintenance for Village operations.
Information systems is a combination of technologies designed to assist in the day-to-day activities of the Village's inner workings. The Information Systems Department is divided into three divisions:
- Technical and Network Support: responsible for network communications, hardware and software, training and support.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): maps are created using overlaying layers.
- Business Applications: fund accounting, human resources, benefits and payroll, licensing, utility billing, community development, and revenue applications.
The Village's computer network is spread out across each municipal building with a combination of DragonWave wireless and fiber optics.
To provide accurate, timely information to all customers of the Village of Hoffman Estates, whether internal or external, wherever and whenever required.
- To provide the technological leadership to maintain the Village information systems in the mainstream of technology.
- To continuously strive to improve our level of customer service and response time to end-users.
- To always consider the integrity, accuracy and safety of all Village data as a paramount issue.
- To provide an environment where communication and the exchange of ideas is promoted at all levels.
Click here to contact the Information Systems Department.
Last updated: 1/31/2012 10:17:21 AM