Transportation improvements keep Hoffman moving
The Village of Hoffman Estates, Pace, the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois Department of Transportation are working together to increase safety and efficiency for drivers, public transportation users, bicyclists and pedestrians. See area transportation projects currently underway here, including project descriptions and timelines. Improvements will include:
- Access to westbound I-90 at Barrington Road - NOW OPEN!
- Expanded Pace express bus service along I-90 beginning fall 2017
- Improved "Kiss-n-Ride" and "Park-n-Ride" areas at I-90/Barrington Road interchange to support Pace's express bus service
- Pedestrian overpass and bike paths at I-90/Barrington Road interchange
- New "Smart Road" features on I-90
Representatives from Pace and the Illinois Tollway provided updates on their projects at the 2017 Hoffman Estates Mayor's Breakfast, which was held at the Sears Centre on February 22. View their presentations below.